Coconut Banana Granola
The struggle of finding a low sugar healthy granola is so real!
Instead of living a granola-free life, I decided to make my own.
Ingredients: Serves 3 (1/2 cup per serving)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 mashed large banana
- 2 tablespoons sugar free maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
You may add in any other mix-in’s you’d like here! Raw nuts, dried fruit, dark chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place a medium skillet over medium heat. Add cooking spray to the pan and toast coconut flakes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned. Transfer to a bowl and wipe out the pan. (Repeat this step with add-ins like raw nuts if using.)
- Return the pan to heat and add more cooking spray. Add oats, mashed banana, and stir until completely combined. Continue stirring occasionally until oats are lightly toasted, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer oat mixture to a large bowl and stir in the maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Spread out evenly onto baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring every few minutes, until granola is light golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in toasted coconut. Let cool to room temperature, then break into clusters.
This granola tastes great on just about everything. Top off smoothies, muffins, yogurt, waffles, and so much more! The opportunities are endless. 😉