Pumpkin Ricotta stuffed French Toast
Just when I thought I’ve had every ricotta combo, pumpkin and ricotta stuffed french toast popped into my mind.
There’s nothing more satisfying than new ideas being So Delicious! Sometimes strange but weird combos can be just… weird. There was no weird feelings between the pumpkin spice and ricotta cheese.
Oh, I guess the Naturally More Almond Butter maple syrup drizzle helped too. 😉
Ingredients: (Calories 304, Protein 18g, Carbs 42g, Fats 9g)
- 2 pieces low sodium bread
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- cinnamon (to taste)
- 1/2 tablespoon Naturally More almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons whole milk ricotta
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pure
- Combine ricotta, pumpkin pure, and pumpkin spice. Sandwich this mixture between the two pieces of bread.
- Whisk together the egg white, almond milk, and cinnamon in a bowl large enough for the bread pieces. Dip each side of sandwich into mixture making sure it’s completely soaked into the bread slices.
- Heat skillet, spray with cooking spray, and cook bread slices until crispy on each side.
- While cooking, combine almond butter with syrup in a small ramekin. Once french toast is ready, drizzle almond butter maple syrup on top, and FEAST.
Tip: This would really taste great with Any nut butter maple syrup, but the Naturally More Almond butter is really the winner here. JUST SAYIN. 🙂