Gluten Free Bread pudding: making this gloomy day in LA cozy. 😌🌥🍞
There’s no greater smell than fresh gf bread pudding straight outta the oven. Made with gf bread, vanilla Ripple Foods half & half, nutmeg, and so much more. Baked with sliced pear on top and eaten with a dollop of coconut yogurt. Another pregnancy craving satisfied with good for you ingredients all while tasting incredible. 🤰🏻🍨
- 8 slices Canyon Gluten bread, chopped into small cubes
- 1 cup Ripple Foods Vanilla Half & Half
- 1 egg and 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 pear sliced into 1/4′ thick pieces
- 5 tsp. honey
- Spray five large muffin spots with cooking spray (or ten regular size muffin spots). Add bread cubes evenly to each spot.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together half & half, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon until well combined.
- Pour wet mixture over bread cubes, pressing down on them to ensure that they soak up the liquid Let sit for at least 15-20 minutes, checking regularly to make sure the bread cubes are getting spongy.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- While bread cubes are soaking, prepare your pears by adding cooking spray and pear slices to a skillet over medium-low heat and cooking until tender, sprinkle with nutmeg. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place pear slices over bread cube mixture, distributing evenly and drizzle a teaspoon of honey over each.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until pears are golden brown and egg mixture is set.
- Remove from oven and serve. Top with vanilla yogurt, whip cream, or enjoy as-is.
Your soul will thank you. 😍💓🍞