Banana Chia Seed Turmeric Overnight Porridge.
Besides the fact that this overnight porridge looked like mustard, I was very skeptical about a sweet turmeric porridge.
Don’t get me wrong, I love using turmeric on my eggs and especially on those Blueberry, Turmeric, and Granola Muffins! But a cold turmeric porridge was tough for my tastebuds to understand before actually tasting.
But of course, I was wrong! The combination of turmeric, cinnamon, and banana was more than heavenly. Just have to not think about the mustard look while eating. 😉
Ingredients: (serves 2, per serving without toppings: Calories 285, Fat 7g, Carbs 43g, Protein 15g)
- 1/2 large banana mashed, overripe is best
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp turmeric (ground turmeric powder)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (Califia Farms)
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup siggis plain yogurt
- Place oats, chia seeds, turmeric and cinnamon in jar (preferably one with a lid).
- Mix in mashed banana to the oat mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients, put lid on the jar, and shake until everything is combined.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Divide equally into two bowls or glasses. Top with more Siggis yogurt, mashed raspberries, and Coconut Banana Granola!
Pro tip: After the photo I drizzled maple syrup on top. DO IT.