Crispy Brown Rice Pumpkin Bars
No tricks, just treats here today. 🙂
Who doesn’t love a rice crispy treat?
I remember going to Starbucks at least twice a week in high school and indulging in their marshmallow crispy treats, paired along side a caramel frap. Those were the days!
These Crispy Brown Rice Pumpkin Bars do not taste like a marshmallow crispy treat… but they are not supposed to! They are filled with yummy Pumpkin Peanut Butter and drizzled with Dark Chocolate.
SO FALL I CANNOT EVEN.
Without Chocolate drizzle- (Serves 9, Calories 150, Carbs 22g, Protein 4g, Fat 5g)
- 1/3 cup Buff Bake Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup of Coconut Nectar
- 3 cups of brown rice crispy cereal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Put pumpkin peanut butter, coconut nectar, and vanilla extract into a small sauce pan and heat over a low heat until the mixture becomes warm and syrupy.
- While your pumpkin peanut butter syrup is heating, spray a large bowl with cooking spray before adding the brown rice cereal. Pour the obey gooey pumpkin peanut butter syrup over the cereal and combine until all of the rice crisps are evenly coated.
- Transfer crispies into an 8×8-baking dish that has been lightly coated with non-stick cooking spray. Pat them down and make them nice and even, pop in the fridge about ten minutes.
- While the crispies are in the fridge, place dark chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe dish and heat until chips are completely melted. Stirring every 15 seconds or so.
- Take crispies out of the fridge, drizzle dark chocolate on top, and return to the refrigerator. After about an hour, cut into 9 squares, and enjoy!
Tip: You can add in other goodies to the brown rice crisps before combine the pumpkin peanut butter syrup! Next time I want to add in raw pumpkin seeds. YUM!