September 4, 2016
The Peanut Butter Drizzle of Life.
Dark Chocolate Cream Cheese and Banana Stuffed French Toast
If I’m ever in a coma, just drizzle this peanut butter maple syrup over my body. Theres no way I won’t wake up after that. 😉
Ingredients: (Serves 1, Calories 334, Fat 9g, Carbs 47g, Protein 19g)
- 2 pieces Ezekiel Low Sodium bread
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- Cinnamon to taste (I use A LOT)
- 2 tbsp Kroger greek yogurt cream cheese
- 1/4 large banana, mashed
- 1/2 tablespoon Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/2-1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 tablespoon Trader Joes Flax and Chia seed peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons Sugar free syrup, or any syrup of choice
- Whisk together egg white, almond milk, and cinnamon, set aside.
- Warm greek yogurt cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl for 10 seconds, just until soft. Mix in Cocoa powder, mashed banana, and a little water to softened cream cheese. Stir until combined. Adding more water if needed, this helps the cocoa powder dissolve better. Consistency should be spreadable.
- Sandwich the dark chocolate cream cheese mixture between the two pieces of bread. Dip sandwich into egg white mixture and let soak for a few minutes on one side, then flip.
- Heat skillet on medium heat, spray with cooking spray, and cook french toast. Roughly 8 minutes on each side. I like mine crispy.
- Microwave peanut butter in a small ramekin for about 20 seconds. Stir in syrup one tablespoon at a time, continue stirring until desired consistency. Aka perfect drizzle consistency.
- Plate cooked french toast and drizzle your life away.
Holy goodness. That looks so, freaking delicious. I need this in my life right now – peanut butter, WW bread, AND yogurt?! Get in my belly!