October 30, 2017
Cacao Porridge with a Twist
Chocolate, the gift that keeps on giving. As long as you keep it in the house. 😅🍫🍨
A busy morning couldn’t keep me from my favorite way to enjoy chocolate, Cacao Porridge! This porridge has a special twist of quinoa and Coachs Oats cooked overnight in a crockpot. Woke up with our home smelling of chocolate. 😍🤤🍫
Ingredients: (Serves 6)
- 1 and 1/2 cup Coach Oats
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 4 tablespoons Ripple Foods Half & Half
- 4 tablespoons Cacao Powder
- 5 cups water (or non-dairy milk)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- Spray a medium-large crockpot wit cooking spray (don’t forget this part!)
- Add ingredients and mix until everything is combined.
- Cooking on medium high for roughly 6 hours (or overnight).
- In the morning you’ll have to mix the entire serving, I added a cup of water and 1 tablespoon vanilla whey powder in the morning so the consistency wouldn’t be as thick. Your preference though!
- Top with yogurt, banana slices, chocolate peanut butter, and more chocolate if you’d like.
- I store the leftovers in a big tupperware in the fridge for up to five days. Enjoy!
Thank you so much! It was 🙂