Big debate, chunky or smooth salsa?
I’m a chunky salsa kind of gal. That’s why when LA VICTORIA, a delicious line of authentic, flavorful Mexican sauces and salsas, reached out to collaborate with their Thick’N Chunky Salsa Verde I basically gave a big “hand flick” and “party” emoji all at the same time. They’re inspired by a century-old family recipe that lies at the heart of American food culture todayand I love that their tomatoes are sourced from California’s fertile central valley.
My go-to family recipe when I have a jar of LA VICTORIA Thick’N Chunky Salsa Verde is crockpot salsa chicken – it’s bold and inviting, with plenty of jalapeno pepper. Your taste budswill be rewarded since it’s easy, delicious, and lasts the entire week. It’s the perfect meal prep for tacos, salads, burrito bowls, or tossing on a plate with veggies. You really can’t go wrong with how you enjoy it!
Salsa Verde Crockpot Chicken:
• 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 2 cups LA VICTORIA Thick’N Chunky Salsa Verde (LA VICTORIA Mexican sauces and salsas are always made with real, simple ingredients. They’re available in the salsa aisle of most major grocers along the West Coast, including Safeway, Albertson’s and Ralph’s.)
• 2 teaspoons cumin
• Sea salt and black pepper to taste
• Add chicken to the slow cooker. Top with salsa verde, sprinkle with cumin, and season with a few generous pinches of sea salt and pepper. Use a pair of tons or a spoon to turn the chicken so that both sides are coated. Cover.
• Cook for 6 hours on low heat.
• The chicken is ready when easily shreds with a fork. Shred the chicken in the slow cooker and toss with the juices.
• Then remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and serve warm. Or, store the shredded chicken in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
I used the chicken for a burrito bowl today with brown rice, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, green onion, fresh lime, and blue corn tortilla chips. How would you use LA VICTORIA Thick’NChunky Salsa Verde?