If “you are what you eat” then I’d like to be this giant bowl of cauli-oats please.
Remember when cauli-oats first started popping up around Instagram? I remember seeing these bowls in 2012 thinking “UM, NO WAY. Ain’t happen, sorry sista”. But yesterday I had the urge to try it again. I had tried making a bowl back then and wasn’t impressed but this, THIS bowl is where it’s at. This isn’t a completely oat free recipe, I love my oatmeal and it’s good for lactation, but you could 100% make this oat free and substitute more riced cauliflower.
Here’s the scoop:
* 1/3 cup rolled oats (or riced cauliflower)
* 1/2 – 3/4 cup riced cauliflower (I use frozen cauliflower rice but you can make your own!)
* 1 tsp chia seeds
* 2 cups non dairy milk or water
* 1 egg white (you may omit and add one scoop of your favorite vanilla or chocolate protein powder but I highly recommend using an egg white, it helps the texture SO much)
* 1 tbsp cacao powder
* 1 tsp manuka honey
* Homemade raspberry and rhubarb chia seed jam (follow my strawberry chia seed jam recipe on my story highlights but sub for raspberries and rhubarb and double the maple syrup and chia seeds)
* Banana slices
* Homemade cashew yogurt
* Cashew coconut nut butter
Find my “how to” egg white porridge on my story highlights. You make these cauli-oats exactly the same except you’re using the oats and cauliflower here instead of just oats. #porridgelikerobin
Would you try this?! Looking at this bowl I can’t imagine someone not trying at least a bite, even if they didn’t like cauliflower!