May 1, 2019
Paleo Oreo Cake, YEP.
Paleo Oreo cake! Disclaimer: the cake is paleo, the frosting is not. BUT you can easily substitute this frosting for a paleo vanilla frosting.
* 2 cups raw minced sweet potato
* 1/4 cup coconut flour
* 2 large eggs
* 3/4 cup black cacao powder
* 1/2 cup maple syrup
* 1/2 cup coconut oil
* 1/2 cup coconut sugar
* 1 tablespoon vanilla
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
* 1/2 cup powder sugar
* 1/2 container vanilla frosting
* 1/4 cup vanilla probiotic smoothie
* 1 tsp vanilla
* Preheat oven to 350 F. Line the bottom of two 6″ spring form cake pans with rounds of parchment paper. Spray the pan first with nonstick cooking spray for the parchment paper to stick.
* Mince sweet potatoes in a food processor. Then add in all ingredients for the cake and mix until smooth. You can add everything to a blender to make the cake smoother but I was pressed for time.
* Divide batter in-between the two cake pans and bake on 350 F for 50 minutes.
* While the cake is baking, combine frosting ingredients in a medium size bowl and whisk together until smooth. * Remove cake from the oven and let cool completely before frosting. Try not to eat all the frosting before the cake is finished, this was rough for me. Enjoy!
Leave A Comment