May 28, 2019
Plant Based Coconut Turmeric Probiotic Mac and Cheese, in collaboration with Lifeway Kefir.
SAUCY. That’s all I can think about when I see this plant based creamy, spicy, turmeric probiotic mac and cheese.
Mac and cheese is my favorite childhood food. I didn’t love pizza (only ate the crust), peanut butter weirded me out (yeah, I was that kid who didn’t eat pb&j), and chicken tenders were just there for me to pick the breading off and eat. Mac and cheese was my go-to. I learned how to make it myself at an early age and there was no stopping me once I knew how to boil some water. Since I’m all advanced now and everything 😉 I made this plant based cream, spicy, turmeric probiotic mac and cheese. It’s packed with Plantiful coconut vanilla (a plant based probiotic by Lifeway Kefir), nutritional yeast, cayenne pepper, and even a little lactation boosting powder because why not?
Coconut Turmeric Probiotic Mac and Cheese: (makes four servings)
- 1 box chickpea pasta (any shape will do)
- 1/2 cup Planitful Coconut Vanilla Lifeway Kefir
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup plain Lifeway Kefir cup
- 1-3 tbsp water (depending on desired consistency)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2-1 tsp turmeric (depending on desired taste, turmeric is a strong tasting spice!)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp ghee (or vegan butter)
- 2 scoops lactation boost (can omit)
- Handful sautéed kale (sauté over medium heat in some EVOO or avocado oil)
- Prep pasta as directed on the box. Drain and set aside (keep warm!)
- Using the same pot you cooked the pasta in, add the Plantiful Coconut Vanilla Kefir, nutritional yeast, kefir cup, ghee, lactation boost, and water. Mix until completely combined with a silicon spatula. Add in spices and continue to mix.
- Add cooked pasta and sautéed kale to “cheese” sauce and gently mix until combined. Be careful not to break the pasta.
- Dish into four different bowls or refrigerate the leftovers for later. Add some cracked pepper and sriracha on top if you’re feeling extra spicy.
Leave A Comment