Waffles and salsa verde and corn. It seems like the last few things in an empty fridge to an untrained eye but it’s an opportunity for a combo packed with vibrant flavors!
When creating a recipe using LA VICTORIA®Thick’N Chunky Salsa Verde, I knew I wanted it to be different yet simple, as it’s bold, inviting, and packed with plenty of jalapeno peppers. My strange yet creative culinary wheels began turning and I decided I needed to make a spicy savory waffle. Think simplified elote corn meets breakfast-staple. I started with a chicken bone broth waffle, lathered on some mashed avocado, sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, arugula, and LA VICTORIA® Salsa (which is my go-to salsa since it’s made with real, simple, qualityingredients), a dripping egg, freeze dried roasted corn for added crunch, and of course more LA VICTORIA®Salsa Verde. The best part is that this meal can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Grab your waffle maker some salsa and get to cooking – your taste buds will be richly rewarded!
Salsa Verde Savory Waffle: (makes two servings)
• 2 cooked bone broth waffles (I used 1 cup quick pancake mix + 1/2 cup chicken bone broth + 1/2 cup water)
• 1/2 avocado
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• Handful arugula
• 1/3 cup LA VICTORIA® Thick’N Chunky Salsa Verde (or more)
• 1 tbsp avocado oil
• 2 fried eggs
• 2 tbsp freeze dried roasted corn
• Start with a toasted waffle on a cutting board. Mash 1/4 cup of avocado onto the toasted waffle, cover with half the seasoning, 2-3 tbsps Thick’N Chunky Salsa Verde, half the arugula, and 1/2 tbsp avocado oil.
• Place one fried egg on top, 1 tbsp freeze dried roasted corn, and more Thick’N Chunky Salsa Verde on top. Repeat with second waffle.
• Now grab your fork and dive in!
I love pulling traditional flavors into my own kitchen experiments and LA VICTORIA® offersdelicious, authentic, flavorful Mexican sauces and salsas inspired by a century-old family recipe. The waffle is a worthy vessel for these mouth-watering savory flavors and dynamic textures. You can find LA VICTORIA®products in the Mexican food aisle of most major grocers along the West Coast, including Safeway, Albertson’s, and Ralph’s. Click here to find this saucy salsa near you!
Savory waffle—are you into it? Comment below and let me know if you’ve tried Salsa Verde before. Cheers!