Here for the gluten free English “McMuffin” casserole.
If you’re anything like me, you grew up on McDonald’s. I didn’t grow up with money so groceries were scarce and making a McDonald’s meal last a few meals was the norm. I no longer eat McDonald’s but I do get cravings for a McMuffin! That’s how this glorious casserole was born. It’s gluten free, easy to make, and perfect for a weekly meal prep. Makes 4-5 servings, winning!
GF English “McMuffin” Casserole:
- 4 Canyon Gluten Free English muffins (you can find them at Von’s!) chopped into strips
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 + 1/4 cup plain kefir or nut milk
- 1 cup shredded shard cheddar cheese
- 8 oz breakfast sausage, chicken, turkey, or pork. Cooked and crumbled
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Maple syrup to top.
- Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with non stick spray.
- Cut each half of the English muffins into 6 long pieces. Add half of the sliced GF English muffins in a single layer. Top with half of the sausage and 1/2 of the cheese. Layer the remaining GF English muffins and sausage and 1/2 more cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs, kefir/nut milk, sea salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until combined. Pour the mixture over the casserole. Wrap the baking dish with plastic wrap and place refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake at 325F for 45-50 minutes. Let cool slightly, top with maple syrup, and enjoy!
Would you eat this? Yes or no. I’m a “strange but good” kinda gal so you know I’m ALL about this. Tag a friend you’re thankful for. I’m thankful for Natalie Griffo. It’s her birthday today and it has been so fun getting to know her since we moved to SD. Watching our babies together is pretty cute too. HAPPY SUNDAY!!