August 20, 2019
Peanut Crusted Vegan French Toast, in collaboration with Ripple.
There was a time in my life when I ate french toast for breakfast every morning. Yep, I said it. EVERY MORNING, for over a year and a half, actually. It was after a time in my life that I deprived myself from foods that I always wanted, like french toast, and I couldn’t stop once I allowed myself to eat said foods. Maybe I was afraid to break a new routine or maybe I was afraid that one day I wouldn’t allow myself to have it anymore? Whatever it was, I started @whatrobineats (over three years ago now) as a way to break my eating routine. I was modeling at the time and had the pressure of staying exactly the same measurements year-round. I was eating food that I enjoyed but like, every day. Mentally that was NOT ok. I took the first seven days of #whatrobineats to eat something different for breakfast. Was I scared? Yes. Does that sound silly now? Double yes. But those emotions were real and Joel was along side me the entire way. Now I make french toast whenever I want and feel good about the change in direction I made three and a half years ago.
If you’re going through something, or have been through something similar to this. It’s ok! There is no shame in where you’ve been and you should be proud of how far you’ve come. God is so good and has the BEST plans for your life. Now onto some darn good vegan french toast made with my favorite Ripple unsweetened pea milk!
Peanut Crusted Vegan French Toast:
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tbsp crushed peanut
- 1/3 peach, slices
- Handful of raspberries
- Peanut butter syrup drizzle (1 tbsp peanut butter + 1/4 cup maple syrup)
- Plant based yogurt
No-egg “egg wash”-
- 1/2 small very ripe banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup Ripple unsweetened original
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 + 1/2 tbsp GF flour
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Blend “egg wash” together and transfer into a shallow bowl. Dip bread in wash, press one side into crushed peanuts, and cook on a flat skillet until desired doneness.
- Cut in half, fill with goodies, and drizzle all that peanut butter syrup over the top! Pair with a peanut butter cold brew, obviously.
Leave A Comment