February 6, 2020
Carrot Banana Bread, Gluten Free.
Bunny wanted to eat all our carrot banana bread but Poppy stopped her. Feeling out of breath with all the baking, laundry, and outside adventures I had this morning with my Poppy girl. God bless nap time, am I right?
Carrot Banana Bread:
- 1 cup mashed super ripe banana, 2 medium size bananas
- 1 cup shredded organic carrots
- 1/2 cup whole milk organic greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/4 cup gluten free 1-to-1 baking flour (I have not tried any other flour)
- 3/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup probiotic cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder (optional but I love the added flavor and protein!)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a bread pan with non stick cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, add the bananas, egg, vanilla extract, maple syrup, greek yogurt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix until smooth. Add in shredded carrots and mix until smooth.
- Add oats, flour, and baking soda. Mix until smooth. Mix in raisins with a silicon spatula.
- Pour batter into prepped bread pan and bake for 50-60 minutes. My oven usually takes 5-15 minutes longer for any baked recipe I make. I have an oven thermometer and it says it’s the right temperature. That being said, check the bread at 45 if your oven cooks quicker and go from there. Check with a toothpick!
- Once the bread is bake, let it cool in the bread pan for one hour before cooling on a wire rack.
- Make the frosting in a mixer or with a hand mixer. Mix until smooth and frost the bread once it’s completely cooled.
- Once frosted, add some shredded carrots on top if you’d like and refrigerate for one hour before slicing. This helps harden the frosting and slicing colder bread is a lot easier than slicing when the bread is still warm in the middle. Refrigerate for up to 5 days in an air tight container!
That looks so good girls! (HINT: Grandpa’s got a bday comin up.)