February 10, 2020
Mexican Mocha Banana Walnut Cauli-Oat Bake, in collaboration with Diamond Nuts
A cauli-oat bake that’s good for the body, mind, and HEART.
February is Heart Health Month and I’m making sure to get all the nutrients I can to promote a healthy heart. I’ve teamed up with Diamond of California Nuts to help spread the word about their heart healthy walnuts!
Walnuts are not only delicious, especially topped on my Mexican mocha banana walnut cauli-oat bake, but they also help decrease the risk of heart disease by helping maintain healthy cholesterol levels and decreasing blood pressure. I’m forever fascinated by real food and all the incredible benefits we gain by consuming them.
Mexican Mocha Banana Walnut Cauli-Oat Bake (makes four servings):
- 1 + 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1 cup riced cauliflower (I used frozen)
- 3 tbsps cacao powder
- 2-4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg + 1 egg white (may sub two flax eggs)
- 2 cups nut milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp – 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (depending on desired spice preference)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 banana, completely mashed
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Shelled Walnuts, crushed
- 1/2 banana, diced
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Shelled Walnuts, slightly crumbled
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with non stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Whisk the wet ingredients, plus the mashed banana, baking soda, and cacao powder, together in a large bowl until frothy. Mix in dry ingredients and let soak for 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 F while the mixture is soaking.
- Pour the soaked mixture into the prepped baking dish and top with sliced bananas and slightly crushed Diamond of California Walnuts. Bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Remove the bake form the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Top with probiotic yogurt and maple syrup if you desire! Store leftovers in the fridge for up to five days.
Do you eat walnuts? I recently made a honey cinnamon walnut butter with Diamond of California Walnuts and it’s the best nut butter I’ve ever had.
Leave A Comment