My pregnancy cravings this time around have gone a little something like this: everything bagels with cream cheese, sourdough toast with grass fed butter (not ghee! I couldn’t stomach ghee for weeks when I usually love it), scrambled pasture raised eggs with EBTB seasoning, and a latte with 2% lactose free milk. Oh, and lots and lots pretzels. Joel’s pregnancy cravings this time around: all of the above plus ice cream and peanut butter cups. Pregnancy eating is a team sport if you ask us.
Anyways, onto my Everything Bagel Bread! I hadn’t made this bread in so long that I almost forgot how simple it was to make. The ingredients are pretty flexible (I’ve gotten many messages from people saying they used different flour/nut butter and that it came out amazing!) and you most likely have ingredients for this on hand. This bread is truly a whole family pleasure. Poppy enjoys this bread slightly warmed with ghee and mashed avocado.
Everything Bagel Bread:
* ½ cup + 1 tbsp almond flour (I have not tried any other flour but others have)
* 1 tsp baking soda
* ½ tsp sea salt
* 1 cup cashew butter (you can use any nut butter you want but it might alter the taste a little. I have only tried this with cashew and walnut butter)
* 2 large eggs + 2 egg whites (you can also sub 4 flax eggs. I’ve heard other people try it and it worked!)
* 1 tbsp water
* 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
* Topping: 4 tbsp everything but the bagel seasoning
Mix dry ingredients together and set aside. Mix wet ingredients together then gently mix in dry ingredients. Pour into a prepped bread pan with nonstick cooking spray and parchment paper. Top the batter with everything but the bagel seasoning. Bake for 20-22 minutes at 350°F. Let cool completely before slicing.