It was one of those weeks where I was craving an orange bundt cake so I made an orange bundt cake! Topped it with an orange powdered sugar glaze that tastes heavenly. Scratch your afternoon plans and make this simple, yet so flavorful and orange-zesty, cake.
Orange Almond Flour Mini Bundt Cake (double the recipe to make a normal size bundt cake):
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 6 tbsp of milk of choice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 2 tbsps fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease a mini bundt cake pan with coconut oil or nonstick spray.
- Combine almond flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, syrup, orange zest, and orange juice. Add flour mixture, then stir in chia seeds.
- Pour into prepped pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool for about an hour before removing from the pan. Flip onto plate and prepare glaze.
- 1/3 cup monk fruit powder sugar
- 1/2 tsp orange juice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-4 tbsp milk of choice (may need more or less depending on consistency of the glaze. You want it to be a little runny but still thick!)
On a slightly different note: oranges semi helped my nausea during my first trimester. It didn’t make it go away but I totally noticed that eating an orange helped ease the all day sea-sick feeling. Oranges sounded the least appetizing at the time but it worked for me. What helped you, if anything, get through any nauseous feeling during pregnancy?