I didn’t really eat pork for a long time. Why? I never knew how to prepare it (besides bacon) and I didn’t know what to look for. Now I’m obsessed with pulled pork tenderloin and there’s no easier way for me to prepare it than the instant pot. I used to make it in a crockpot but those days are long over, instant pot for life!
Instant Pot Pulled Pork Tenderloin:
* 1-2 tsp chili powder
* 2 tsp garlic powder
* 1 tsp smoked paprika
* 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
* 2 tsp sea salt
* Pork tenderloin (I buy mine from Trader Joe’s so the size varies)
* 1/4 cup water
* 3 tbsp EVOO
* You can add any sauce you want as well! I didn’t add any sauce but I’ve added BBQ sauce in the last and it was so good.
* Turn instant pot to “sauté” high. Once hot, add the EVOO. Once the EVOO is warm, dear the pork tenderloin so 3 minutes on each side. Add the seasoning to one side when the first side is searing. The goal is to get the tenderloin nicely browned.
* Turn the sauté feature off and the pour water over pork. Cover instant pot with the lid.
* Turn pressure valve to seal, turn instant pot to high pressure, and set timer for 90 minutes. The countdown will start once the pressure is ready.
* When the instant pot beeps, quick release pressure by turning pressure valve to vent.
* Take cover off instant pot. Use 2 forks to shred the remaining pork. It should be fall-off-the-bone, melt in your mouth, and easy to shred. If it’s not, consider pressure cooking for a longer amount of time.
* Use this pork for everything and everything! I topped a salad with sweet potato fries and this pork. There’s no wrong way to use this.