Friday morning waffles making an appearance on a Monday. These waffles are one of the few ways I enjoy turmeric and I’m not mad about it. Drizzle with a peanut butter syrup drizzles, or a nut butter drizzle of your choice, and you’re set for a perfect morning. Poppy loves these waffles too!
Cinnamon Turmeric Fig Gluten Free Waffles (makes a big batch so freeze leftovers for a quick morning!):
- 2 cups 1-to-1 gluten free flour (I have not tried another flour)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 pinch cardamom
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Organic figs
- Peanut butter syrup drizzle (1 tbsp melted peanut butter, or nut butter of choice, + 1/4 cup maple syrup)
- Heat your waffle iron of choice on medium. Spray with nonstick spray or grease with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the gf flour, baking powder, sea salt, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, milk, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Pour 1/4 cup of waffle batter onto each waffle mold and waffle.
- Let cool slightly and serve with all the toppings! Freeze extra waffles for an easy morning.
Thoughts on turmeric? Leave a comment below and let me know if you make these waffles!