July 28, 2021
What Poppy Eats Wednesday! Plus a really yummy hot chocolate recipe.
One of my new favorite days of the week by far. I love feeding my family! Here’s a few example meals of what I gave Poppy this week.
As a reminder, this series is not for you to compare your child’s eating to Poppy’s. She is a very adventurous eater but she doesn’t always eat what I put on her plate. I’ve given her a wide variety of foods since day one and she can choose to eat what is served or not. I’m not a short order cook so I don’t make a fuss in making her something different. I know what she enjoys and what isn’t her favorite, I keep exposing her to the foods she doesn’t enjoy the first time around in different ways to see if she’ll eat it or even try it. It took her six months to try a tomato and now she can’t get enough of them, she always asks for more. This is what works for us and I hope to encourage you to try different foods with your kids, even if it’s something you don’t love. Poppy LOVES olives and I can’t stand them. It’s cute to buy foods for her and see her enjoyment. Enjoy #WhatPoppyEats!
- Breakfast: Blender oatmeal pancakes with added beet powder, strawberries, and avocado with sea salt. Plus steamed homemade cashew milk with chocolate collagen. This made a really yummy hot chocolate for her!
- Lunch: Cooked quinoa cooked in coconut milk with basil and lime juice and tossed with steamed corn, cooked and chopped lemon butter shrimp, and avocado with sea salt.
- Dinner: Chicken thighs, chopped dates, mixed steamed veggies, air fried sweet potatoes with feta cheese.
Interested in trying new foods with your baby or toddler? We love Solid Starts First 100 Days meal guide! Use “robineats” for a discount on this guide and more. I’ve been using it for Wylder and he’s already tried more foods than I can count. It’s so helpful!
Toddler Approved Hot Chocolate.
- Milk Frother
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 scoop chocolate multi-collagen protein, I use Ancient Nutritoin. "whatrobineats20" for a discount!
- Add both ingredients to your milk frother and begin the hot froth option. Let this finish, pour into a cup, and enjoy!
Leave A Comment