A full serving of veggies at breakfast that taste like dessert? Yes please!
I’m all for sneaking veggies into my sweet breakfast recipes. My new carrot cake overnight oats do just that plus the delicious flavors of cake. Triple the batch to make breakfast for the week.
Carrot Cake Overnight Oats (makes two servings):
* 1 cup rolled oats – quick cooking oats work too
* 1/2 cup grated carrots
* 1/4 ground allspice
* 1 tbsp chia seeds
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
* ½ cup greek yogurt
* 3 tbsp raisins
* 1 cup milk of choice
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* First, mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
* Add wet ingredients and mix again.
* Place in the refrigerator, covered, for at least 4 hours or over night.
* Top as desired and enjoy.
Love these bowls for single servings of this recipe.