May 2, 2019
Banana, Butternut Squash, and Chai Spiced Cake. In collaboration with Flora Healthy
Whoever said you can’t eat cake for breakfast (or lunch and dinner) hasn’t tried my banana, butternut squash, and chai spiced cake topped with a Flora Healthy manuka honey peanut butter frosting. 🤯🍯
Been eating this cake for any meal the last few days and it’s been the best idea. It’s packed with goodies like bananas, butternut squash, and most importantly Flora Healthy manuka honey. Manuka honey has antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant benefits. In fact, it has traditionally been used for wound healing, soothing sore throats, preventing tooth decay, and improving digestive issues. 👏🏼 Head over to florahealth.com to get yourself a jar (or two) of Flora Healthy’s manuka honey and don’t forget to use “honey15” to receive 15% off your manuka honey purchase. Now who’s ready for CAKE?! #BeFloraHealthy #ManukaHoney
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large bananas ripe
- 1/4 cup mashed butternut squash
- 1/2 cup plain kefir yogurt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted and slightly cooled
- 1 egg room temperature
- 2 scoops vanilla chai lactation powder
- 1 cup powder peanut butter
- 1/2 -1 cup nut milk (may need more or less depending on your desired consistency)
- 3 tablespoons Flora Healthy manuka honey
Preheat the oven to 350º F. Spray an 8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
Whisk together the pastry flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and sea salt in a large bowl, set aside.
Using an immersion blender, combine the bananas, butternut squash, kefir yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla, coconut oil, and egg. Blend until smooth and pour the blended wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Whisk well until combined.
Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes.
Cool completely in the pan before frosting.
Make frosting by mixing the frosting ingredients together with a rubber spatula in a medium size bowl. Start by adding 1/2 cup nut milk and gradually add more until you’ve reached your desired frosting consistency.
- Frost cake, decorate with unsweetened coconut flakes, vanilla coconut flakes, and dried banana.
Store frosted cake in the fridge in an air tight container for up to a week or freeze!
Leave A Comment