December 10, 2019
Gluten Free Gingerbread Snowman Pancakes
Poppy is getting so close to being able to enjoy fun food like this. She can admire the face on the snowman and see that it is more than just a regular stack of pancakes. But then there are small things like chocolate candies and dark chocolate chips that she will 500% choke on. So for now these little guys are for Joel and I while Poppy gets the button and faceless snowman. She honestly didn’t even notice because she was so obsessed with the coconut on the pancakes as “snow”.
I saw Ambitious Kitchen make pancake snowman like this and I knew I had to recreate! I used my gluten free gingerbread pancake recipe but you can use any pancake recipe you’d like.
Gluten Free Gingerbread Pancakes:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1-2 teaspoon cinnamon (I really like cinnamon)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or my new favorite monkfruit sweetener from Lakanto)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1+1/4 cup almond milk
- 3 eggs (I haven’t tried this with flax egg but maybe it would work?!)
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Chocolate colored candies for the buttons
- Dark chocolate chips for eyes and smile (I used Lakanto)
- Broken piece of pretzel slim for the nose
- Coconut shreds for the snow
- Maple syrup for topping
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl, set aside.
- Mix together wet ingredients and gently mix into dry ingredients.
- Make pancakes in two different sizes. I used a 1/4 cup measuring spoon for the body and 2 tbsps of batter for the head. Plate, top, drizzle with maple syrup, and enjoy!
I paired our snowman pancakes with my peppermint mocha cold brew!
Leave A Comment