I’ve probably made pasta salad four, maybe five, times in my life. I’m more of a “hot food” kind of gal but I can totally see myself making this combo for years to come. Poppy sure did love a non-spicy version of this!
Pasta Salad (serves 4):
- 1 box cooked pasta of choice
- 3/4 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful fresh chopped basil
- 1 cup sautéed mushrooms
- 1/3-1/2 cup diced fresh mozzarella
- 1-2 tbsp crunchy chili onion crunch
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1-2 diced figs (optional but highly recommended)
- Balsamic glaze to top (this is not balsamic dressing!)
Toss all the ingredients together in a large bowl and serve! Refrigerate leftovers until you’re hungry again. Do you like pasta salad? If so, what’s your favorite recipe? Leave a comment below so I can be inspired to make more cold pasta dishes like this.