It’s what’s for dinner! I can guarantee you that you and your family will devour this delicious and nutritious meal.
Meal prep is essential in my home and these Philly cheesesteak sliders, made with the most delicious Ribeye Steak, are on weekly rotation. Ribeye is loaded with muscle-building protein, strength-stoking creatine, blood-aiding iron, energy-maintaining vitamin B12, and a good handful of other vitamins and minerals. Beef is truly a superfood to me! This is a feel-good meal that I served with a side of carrot and sweet potato air fried fries.
Philly Cheesesteak Sliders:
* 1 lb. Ribeye Steak, very thinly sliced (tip – place steak in the freezer for about an hour to make slicing and removing and fat much easier)
* 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* 1 large onion, thinly sliced
* 1 large green pepper thinly sliced
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 – 12 pack Hawaiian sweet rolls
* 4 tbsp mayonnaise
* 12 slices of provolone cheese
* 2 tbsp of melted butter
* ¼ tsp garlic powder
* ¼ tsp Italian seasoning
* Slice the rolls in half horizontally to separate the top and bottom, keeping them together as one slab. Do not break into individual rolls. Place cut side up on a baking sheet and broil for about 3 minutes, watch this because they will burn quick! Turn off the broiler and set aside.
* Heat olive oil in the skillet and cook the veggies, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning for about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the pan and place in a bowl, set aside.
* Add a little more olive oil to the pan if needed and cook the steak slices, sea salt, and pepper about 3-5 minutes before adding in the cooked onion and bell pepper.
* While the steak is cooking, spread the mayo on top of the lightly toasted rolls then the slices of cheese. Place the green pepper, onion, and steak mixture on top of the layers of cheese and broil for about 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
* Remove from the oven, close the rolls, and brush the butter over top of rolls. Broil for two minutes, or until golden on top, and let cool a few minutes before slicing. Serve with homemade air fried carrot and sweet potato fries. Enjoy!