It’s strawberry week! Poppy and I bought three boxes of strawberries so I figured why not dedicate an entire week to these sweet little fruits. I used juicy fresh strawberries to make my strawberry chia seed jam. Then I went all out and baked a cake to make a Strawberry Jam Cake! Fire up your oven, you’ll want to bake this asap.
Strawberry Jam Cake:
* 2 + 1/2 cups almond flour
* 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
* 1/2 cup maple syrup
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
* 2 eggs
* Miss Jones Cream Cheese Frosting x 2
* Strawberry chia seed jam (you can use fresh or frozen strawberries) + extra sliced strawberries
Strawberry Chia seed jam:
- Prepare your strawberry chia seed jam the night before you want too decorate this cake.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare your 8-inch pan (You can also use two smaller cake pans, just be sure to check the cook time) by cutting a circular round of parchment paper to fit the base of your pan(s). Spray the pan with nonstick spray and place circular parchment round inside the cake pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla until well incorporated. Add almond flour, himalayan pink salt, and baking soda. Mix until batter is formed, then pour into prepared pan.
- Bake about 25-30 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool, completely before slicing and frosting.
- I cut the cake in a few layers. Place the bottom layer on a high cake stand to frost and add a little strawberry chia seed jam, add the next layer and repeat until you get to the top. Frost and add your diced extra strawberries on top, enjoy!
My strawberry chia seed jam lasts up to two week in the fridge. Happy Baking!