Just in time for Valentines day! These lil guys are so delicious and can be enjoyed for breakfast or dessert. Did I mention that they’re frosted with a chocolate sweet potato frosting?! YUM.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these chocolatey treats:
* 3 large eggs
* ¼ cup greek yogurt
* ¼ cup melted butter
* ⅓ cup almond milk
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 + ¼ cups almond flour
* 3 tbsp coconut flour
* 2 tsp baking powder
* 1/3 cup coconut sugar
* ½ cup cacao powoder
* ¼ cup chocolate chips
* Preheat the oven to 350°F and prep a muffin pan with muffin cups, will make about 8 muffins. Place a little water in the empty muffin holes.
* Blend the eggs for about 2 minutes until they are frothy. Add the yogurt, melted butter, vanilla extract and almond milk, and blend.
* Then add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, coconut sugar, cacao powder, and blend until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
* Fill the batter into 8 paper muffin cups.
* Bake for about 22-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer to a wire wrack to fully cool before frosting.
Chocolate Sweet Potato Frosting:
* ¾ cup sweet potato, roasted and peeled
* ¼ cup cacao powder
* 4 soaked dates
* 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
* 2 tbsp maple syrup
* 1 tsp vanilla extract or paste
* ¼ tsp sea salt
* Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Now the big question, sprinkles or no sprinkles?