These cuties are low sugar, moist, and ready for your 4th of July party on Monday! Trust me when I saw everyone will be a major fan.
Red, White, and Blue Vanilla Cupcakes:
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 cup all purpose flour for 1 to 1 gluten free flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, room temp or coconut oil, soft but not melted
- 1/3 cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetner
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, at room temperature + 1 egg white
Coconut Whipped Cream + berries for topping:
- 1 15 ounce can coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- dash of vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and prepare your muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Combine the milk and lemon juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour and baking powder together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix the butter and Monkfruit Sweetener in the bowl of your stand mixer on medium using the paddle attachment. Combine until the mixture is fluffy and fully combined. Add the greek yogurt, egg, and egg whites. Mix until fully combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and milk/lemon juice mixture and mix on low until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combine, but do not over-mix! Increase speed to medium-low, if necessary.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the batter into your prepared cupcake liners, filling each cup 1/2 – 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake until the tops of the cupcakes are just turning golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes.
- Once they’re done, remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow them to cool completely before icing.
- Make the coconut whipped cream by adding the coconut cream solid to a mixing bowl or stand mixer. Reserve the liquid because you may need it. Use the whisk attachment to whisk together the coconut cream until it becomes fluffy. Add in the maple syrup and vanilla extract slightly. If the consistency is fluffy then leave out the coconut whipped cream liquid. If it’s a little thick then add a dash or two. Make sure to refrigerate for at least an hour before topping it on the cupcakes!
I’m all about being festive for any given occasion and these cupcakes make the perfect addition to any dessert table. Comment below if you’ll try these!