True or false, fall should just start already. I can’t wait four more days! Going full throttle with the fall recipes and not looking back, whose with me?
- 3 + ½ tbsp gluten free oat flour or almond flour
- 3 + ½ tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup Lakanto monkfruit sweetener
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
Pumpkin Coffee Cake:
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted + cooled coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp Lakanto monkfruit sweetener
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or Lakanto syrup substitute
- 1 flax egg or 1 whole egg or 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Ancient Nutrition pumpkin spice protein powder – code WHATROBINEATS20 for a discount
- 2 cups gluten free flour – can be oat or 1 to 1 gluten free for our all purpose
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
Icing Topping (use an electric whisk mixer to combine until smooth):
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Make the streusel: Add Streusel ingredients to a small bowl. Using a spatula or your hands, stir until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Make the pumpkin cake: Add all the wet ingredients to a large bowl: pumpkin, pumpkin protein powder, coconut oil, monkfruit sweetener, maple syrup, egg and vanilla. Whisk until well combined. Add the dry ingredients: flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin spice and sea salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Batter will be very thick.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the streusel over it. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool for 40 minutes before drizzling the icing on top.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to a week. Warm slightly before enjoying.