January 28, 2023
Hormone Healthy Hot Chocolate
This is for you if you love hot chocolate and want to avoid yucky ingredients that aren’t serving you.
My superfood hot chocolate recipe is made with cacao, adaptogens and a few spices that make it a fun and healthy hot cocoa (with lots of benefits!) to enjoy every day.
Pin this recipe for later! Reel coming in a few days for my homemade marshmallows.
Hormone Healthy Hot Chocolate (serves two):
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 2 + 1/4 cups non-dairy milk or organic grass-fed milk or raw milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder or better-for-you chocolate, check the ingredient list
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 servings Ancient Nutrition multi-collagen
- 2 tsp maca powder
- homemade marshmallows
- Homemade marshmallows
- Dust of cacao or cinnamon
- Coconut whipped cream
- Heat milk in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, heat until steaming.
- Once the milk is warm, add cacao or chocolate, adaptogens and spices. Whisk constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut oil and multi-collagen collagen at the very end and pour into two mugs. These offer an extra dose of health benefits but feel free to leave them out if you’d like.
- Top with more steamed milk or whipped cream or marshmallows, enjoy!
Leave A Comment