Satisfy your candy bar cravings with my healthy snickers protein bar recipe made with homemade vegan date caramel sauce, a delicious nougat layer, peanuts, and dark chocolate.
Make sure to Pin this recipe + share this reel with your snickers loving friends.
With Easter right around the corner I wanted to make you a delicious recipe that wasn’t peanut butter eggs. Those are good but I felt like I needed something more this year and this is it!
Healthy Snickers Protein Bar –
Date Caramel Layer:
- 5 large soft dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of sea salt
- 1/2 cup Ground Up creamy smooth cashew almond butter – code WHATROBINEATS for a discount
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4-1/2 cup filtered water or canned coconut milk, start small then add more to reach your desired consistency
- 1 + 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Line an 8’×8″ baking dish with parchment paper.
- To a large mixing bowl add the almond flour, maple syrup, protein powder and almond milk and mix together mix until a crumbly and sticky texture is achieved.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and press evenly to create the base layer, then place in the freezer for 20 minutes or until solid.
- While the nougat is chilling, you can start preparing the caramel layer.
- Blend together the soaked and drained dates with the peanut butter until creamy and smooth, stopping every so often to scrape the sides with a spatula.
- Next add in the raw peanuts and fold together.
- Once the nougat layer is solid, remove from the freezer and evenly spread the date caramel sauce over the nougat layer.
- Place the pan back into the freezer to chill for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, melt the chocolate together with the coconut oil. (You can do this using a double boiler or the microwave).
- Remove the pan from the freezer and slice the caramel nougat into 12 equal bars.
- Next, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use 2 forks to carefully take one bar and dip it into the chocolate, flipping it over until fully coated.
- Remove the coated bar carefully and place onto the parchment paper.
- Repeat the process for the remaining bars.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge or freezer to set for 12-15 minutes 166 until the chocolate coating is completely hardened.