June 26, 2019
Grain Free Cashew Butter Cacao Mug Cake, in collaboration with Yumbutter.
Tooting my own horn here because this, THIS, is the best thing I’ve made to date: cashew butter cacao mug cakes. They’re grain free, super moist (why do people not like that word?), and perfect for anytime of day. I just ate this second one after spin this morning. Dollop on extra Yumbutter superfood cashew butter, vanilla dairy free gelato (or homemade cocoyo), and sprinkles of cacao nibs. Or you can simply add some vanilla ghee on top to give this more of a brownie feel.
Cashew Butter Cacao Mug Cake (makes two cakes):
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp Yumbutter superfood cashew butter (plus extra for topping)
- Dash of sea salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp nut milk
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs (plus extra fo topping)
- Dash of nutmeg (can omit, I just love nutmeg with cacao powder!)
1. Whisk together coconut flour, cacao powder, dash of salt, and baking powder in a small bowl.
2. Add egg, Yumbutter superfood cashew butter, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, nut milk, cacao nibs, and vanilla. Mix until combine.
3. Divide evenly into 2 small mugs (or ramekins) sprayed with nonstick spray and microwave on high for 60 seconds, or until cake is puffed up.
4. Add an additional scoop of Yumbutter superfood cashew butter, vanilla gelato, cacao nibs, and enjoy!
What would you add on top of this mug cake? I added a dairy free key-lime ice cream on mine this morning. Is there anything that wouldn’t taste good on these?! The answer is no.
Leave A Comment