June 8, 2020
Brownie Batter Hummus
Hi friends, how are you? This past week has been heavy and emotional. I’m thankful for the time spent educating myself and sharing resources with those around me. This is just the beginning and I’m positive that we will all continue to educate and grow in love.
One of the recipes that is on my list to make this week is my brownie batter hummus. I made this about a month ago and it barely lasted two days in our home. Poppy and I both would eat it by the spoonful after her nap! Now that’s what I call mother-daughter bonding time.
Brownie Batter Hummus:
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup lite canned coconut milk (any milk will do here but I like the creaminess the canned coconut gives this recipe)
- 1/4-1/3 cup coconut sugar or other sugar of choice (depending on desired sweetness)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- Slightly warm the coconut milk in a microwave safe bowl (about 30 seconds) and then add to a high speed blender with the cacao powder, coconut oil, and sugar. Blend for 30 seconds to combine these ingredients.
- Add in rinsed and drained chickpeas and pink Himalayan salt and blend until smooth. You can use a food processor or a high speed blender. I use a Vitamix and love it! Best investment besides my mini KitchenAid mixer.
- Spoon into a glass jar and enjoy. Eat by the spoon, spread on toast, dip some pretzels in it, make a chocolate banana “quesadilla”, really anything works here! Refrigerate for up to five days.
Comment below one thing that has brought you joy today! Joel, Poppy, and I had a little picnic at a lake near us this morning and it was so relaxing. Exactly what we needed to start this week. Happy Monday!
Leave A Comment