This post is sponsored by Happy Egg Co®
Feeling pretty HAPPY about my lunch choice today. You really can’t go wrong with a grilled cheese sandwich, especially when that grilled cheese is topped with a drippy Happy Egg Organic Free Range Egg™!
It took me a long time to really care about the ingredients that I was consuming and the brands that I was supporting by purchasing their products at the grocery store. The old me would just buy the first thing I saw without taking a glance at the ingredients or knowing anything about the brand. It was really during my first pregnancy that I started to buckle down on choosing certain items more wisely. Something about growing a tiny human that makes you double think what you’re putting in your body. One of the brands and products that I’m most fond of lately is Happy Egg Organic Free Range Eggs! My number one craving during this pregnancy has been eggs and sourdough toast and nothing has made me happier than a Happy Egg scrambled on some toast with butter. I ate a scrambled Happy Egg everyday for the first 14 weeks! This baby boy really loves his eggs.
Happy Egg Organic Free Range Eggs are USDA Certified Organic and their hens are lovingly raised under the highest animal humane standards, so we can make better-tasting, happier choices for the whole family. Happy Egg chooses happiness for their hens by giving them over 8 acres of pasture to roam, which is important because most eggs at your grocery store come from hens who never go outside. I truly believe that happy hen’s eggs taste better and Happy Egg eggs are the best eggs I’ve ever tasted!
Sourdough Grilled Cheese Sandwich topped with a Drippy Happy Egg:
- 2 slices sourdough
- 2 ounces cheese of choice (I used white cheddar cheese)
- 1/2 of an avocado
- Handful of spinach
- 1-2 Tablespoons grass fed butter
- 1 Happy Egg Organic Free Range Egg
- Heat a flat skillet over medium heat and spray with nonstick spray.
Spread the grass fed butter on both sides of each slice of sourdough bread. Toast one side of each of the bread slices on the skillet until golden brown. Flip each bread slice over and top one slice with the mashed avocado, cheese, and spinach. Place the other bread slice on top (toasted side DOWN on the fillings) and toast on the bottom until golden and then flip the sandwich over to toast the other side until golden brown. I like to place a pan lid over the top of my grilled cheese to help the sandwich toast quicker and melt the insides really good!
- Remove the grilled cheese from the pan and set on a cutting board and cover with a lid pan to keep warm while frying your egg.
- Heat a small pan over medium heat and spray with nonstick spray or a little drizzle of olive oil. Crack open a Happy Egg Organic Free Range Egg onto the hot pan and let cook until desired yolk consistency. I love my eggs over easy!
- Cut your grilled cheese in half, stack, and top with the egg! Make a little slice in the yolk of your cooked Happy Egg Organic Free Range Egg to let the yolk drip all over the grilled cheese and devour!
Click here to find Happy Egg Organic Free Range Eggs near you! My kitchen is the center of our home and being able to make my family a delicious lunch that we can enjoy together makes my heart happy. I love cooking and it’s even more enjoyable when I can feed them products from companies who are truly passionate about their business and consumers!