There are a lot of crisps going around the gram right now but why not add one more? I’ve finally mastered a crisp topping that I really love and that doesn’t have too much going on. Use any berries or other crisp approved fruit you’d like, I did strawberries, peaches, and cherries!
Triple Fruity Crisp in a mini cast iron skillet (double the recipe to make one regular size skillet)-
* 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
* 1/4 cup almond flour
* 3 tbsp brown sugar
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon
* Dash of sea salt
* 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
* 2 cups berries and fruit of choice, I used pitted cherries pitted, peaches, and strawberries and cut into 1/2 inch slices
* 2 tbsp maple syrup
* 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 1 + 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
* Preheat oven to 350° F. In a medium sized bowl combine the oats, almond meal, brown sugar, cinnamon, and sea salt. Pour in the melted coconut oil and use your hands to combine everything until crumbles form.
* In a medium bowl combine the filling ingredients and stir together until you can no longer see the cornstarch. Pour the filling into a mini cast iron skillet. Spread the topping evenly over the apricots and place it on the middle rack of the oven.
* Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve topped with vanilla ice cream or simple vanilla. Don’t skip this step!
Crisps, do you love them?! I’m becoming more of a fan each day. Cheers!