Giddy up because this is the B E S T banana bread I’ve beer made. And look how cute she is all next to my peanut butter #coldbrewlikerobin. Two classics make the perfect match.
* 2 large super ripe bananas
* 2 eggs, I have not tried flax eggs
* 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
* 1/2 cup all purpose flour, or more whole wheat pastry flour
* 1/2 cup milk of choice
* 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
* 1/3 cup coconut sugar
* 4 dates
* 1 tbsp flax meal
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1-2 tsp cinnamon, I like a lot of cinnamon
* Pinch of sea salt
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* Optional 1/2 ride banana for topping, slice in half
* Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a bread pan with nonstick cooking spray and line with parchment paper, set aside.
* Place the 2 bananas, dates, flax meal, and wet ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. This took about one minute for me.
* Once smooth, add in remaining ingredients and blend until a batter forms.
* Pour the batter into the prepped bread pan and place the sliced banana on top. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
* Let cool slightly before removing from the pan and slicing. The bread tastes great warm with a little butter or cream cheese on top. Slice and store in the refrigerator for 5 days or freeze to enjoy later.
Now here’s a question, banana bread with it without nuts? What’s your go-to add in?